Pages

Welcome JP.

It is an honor to be able to photograph our newest addition! A few weeks ago, I was up watching the Cowboy's Sunday night game (yes, Cowboy's FAN) .....actually I fell asleep before the game ended ...oops. I was 40 wks 2 days pregnant! I woke up to some painful contractions Monday @ 1 a.m. I began to time them....sure enough...5 min apart. I called my in laws so they could take our other kiddos......then woke my husband up. You know that scene you see on the movies .......everyone rushing every which way......well, I was always told that that wasn't how it went in real life...but it sure felt like that. haha. When Scott & I got to triage......we realized my  bag with the most dear thing to my heart (lol) MY CAMERA was left sitting at home!! :( Even my phone was in there. My husband had remembered his phone....so that is what we used for photos.......so he has all the 'first photos' on his phone (which reminds me, I should put them on the computer).....he even recorded the first cry.....prob my fav moment, next to meeting our baby! I have cried at the sound of the first cry of all our children. My belly was HUGE so I was sure I was going to have a 9 or l0 lb baby but he came out a thin 8'13 lbs & 21 1/2 inches long...at 5:47(?) in the morning! I LOVE the look of my husbands face everytime he meets our babies. He simply sits there in awe.....and melts with every sound the baby makes. See .......
  going home....
 (one week old)


anyway......we are glad to have him here! I ended up with an extended stay at the hospital due to developing Eclampsia afterwards....but I am trying to forget that awful part.....so we will leave it out. I have been waiting for some 79/80 weather to photograph him outdoors! Finally the great weather returned and we took a trip to grandma's house (who lives in the country).  With a full belly and a nice rock a bye song......he SLEPT like a baby...(oh wait). It was so fun to get to photograph him. Excited to put a photo on canvas! Over all....we are over the moon with him! A family of 5 is pretty nice!  I will be back from Maternity leave this weekend.......I look forward to capturing YOUR moments! Happy Fall! ps...the cap he is wearing on a few photos.....was the very first hat put on him after he was born....the nurse threw it in the garbage when he got his first bath............I grabbed it back out for his keepsake box! It was full of ...well, what babies are filled with when they first come out....but after a good wash it was good as new....and worked out perfect for some of his photos :)
















 THE END!